Building strong connections to our alumni
When students graduate from the School of Building Construction, they join an elite, active, and engaged group of Georgia Tech alumni. Our alumni stay connected with the school and our students, offering guidance and firsthand experience.
Students meet with alumni often. Thanks to the opportunities within our program, students run into alumni as guest speakers, internship managers, panelists at symposiums, and site tour hosts. Through these opportunities, our alumni really welcome BC students. There is a familiarity and ease that allows our students to ask candid questions about career guidance, data for projects and research. Those bonds facilitate business connections and networking.
Our alumni are successful and well connected in the industries our students want to enter, and their encouragement is not forgotten when it's time to recruit the next generation of project managers, facility managers, program managers, and real estate developers.
We learn from your expertise
Alumni often ask for additional ways to “get involved." There are plenty of ways that the School of Building Construction could benefit from your involvement. Here are just a few:
- Take a student to a professional meeting: Are you a member of an industry association? Invite a student to join you for a special event.
- Provide an internship to a student: BC students need the experience and you need the talent. Hire a student today.
- Mentor a current student: Spending time with students and sharing your experience.
- Host a site visit: Do you have an interesting project or facility in the metro area? Students learn so much from visiting these active sites and completed complex facilities. Consider opening your site or office for a student tour.
- Visit a Class: Share your expertise and bring positive attention to your organization. Many of the faculty seek guest speakers, panelists, and judges for Capstone, etc. Email email@example.com with your area of expertise.
- Scholarship/Fund a Graduate Student: Several graduate students are seeking funding to complete their degree. Your donation can provide a scholarship for a deserving student. Graduate students may also be funded for providing research for your organization.
If you want to learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can create an opportunity that's right for you!