Earn a Certificate in Construction Management
Undergraduates can complement any Georgia Tech Bachelor's program through this interdisciplinary, professional Construction Management coursework with our Building Construction certificate.
This certificate comes with lots of benefits
- A certificate in Building Construction expands your professional options as your plan to graduate and begin your career.
- Students in this program are permitted to participate in Building Construction’s annual Career Fair and related career and networking events.
- The certificate coursework leads to 2nd area of expertise on resume.
- Potential to intern in Building Construction related positions.
- 6 credits of the certificate may later be applied to BC master’s
Getting the certificate
Junior and Senior students from any major at Georgia Tech can participate in the Building Construction certificate program.
- Interested students should email Building Construction advisor Laura Alger with your student number.
- Next, meet with your Building Construction advisor to plan your certificate curriculum and request course permits.
- When the required courses are complete, email your Building Construction advisor. He or she will facilitate the application for your certificate.
- 4 classes total = 12 credit hours
- 2 required courses: BC4130 Integrated Design Construction & Development and BC4630 Senior Capstone Project
- 2 elective courses: Speak with your advisor to choose from the following:
- BC3600 Construction Cost Management /CEE4110 Construction Plans & Estimates
- BC3610 Construction Law
- BC3630 Project Management I
- BC4050 BIM for Multi-Disciplinary Integration
- BC4610 Value Engineering & Building Econ
- BC4700 Construction Management/CEE4100 Construction Engineering & Management
- BC4710 Green Construction